Tuesday, August 12, 2014

baby bliss

he is here! the last time I caught up with all of you on here I was very pregnant. well...our precious baby BOY has arrived and he is the light of our life.

all the things people would tell me "pre-baby" have absolutely come true. all the dreams, hopes, expectations...it has far exceeded them all. the feelings experienced the minute our baby boy was born are indescribable. I am speechless, except for the word surreal. it was a truly surreal experience.

being a mommy is amazing. I didn't think it was possible to cry any harder at the Johnson/Johnson commercial "you're doing ok, mom" than I did when I pregnant. dead. wrong. the first time it came on after having our little boy I cried even harder. probably because I was holding him at the time and it all the sudden seemed so real.

(the sappiness has remained or maybe even worsened post pregnancy, I apologize.)

so we made it to church for the first time this past Sunday since Mack was born (thanks to my mom) and the sermon was touching on marriage and its reference in Malachi. the pastor reinforced that children should always be thought of and referred to as a blessing and not just something assumed that happens after marriage. he referred to children as the "overflow of marriage." I loved this and made sure to jot in down in the notes section of my bible. just when you think marriage is amazing enough on its own, you have a child and you have a new understanding of love...a love for this precious angel you created together by God's hand and also a new love for each other...knowing this is exactly how He intended for it to be. a beautiful thing, it is.

I am looking so forward to watching our little guy grow, he is pure joy and a true gift from God. I cannot thank you all enough for the prayers and thoughts in the weeks before and during his birth.
I felt them.

I am enjoying this sweet, sweet time off and trying not to take a single moment for granted (even those between 2-4 am ) :) :)

love to all of you.



this is his favorite little face to make...we have no idea why but its pretty cute :)


XO,
landrum






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sentiments, Landrum, that little face is soSWEET...and I think it might be his way of asking for a snack... xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete