Friday, June 7, 2013

blast from the past

apparently, I've always been somewhat of a "blogger."... while cleaning out my closet back home in Columbia, I came across one (of several) old journals.

I literally had the BEST time flipping through it reading about my little life. oh, how life seemed so simple. my biggest problem was having a little too much homework that day.

I just had to share these 2 particular entries....



when reading the first entry I made a re-connection with my younger self. I was reminded of innocence and what a lovely thing it is. to be a young child, and not knowing as much about the Lord as I probably do today but knowing enough to know that "I felt safe" and close to God. what a beautiful thing.

children in general are such a wonderful reminder of simpleness/ innocence and part of the reason I love being around them so much.

I know my family and friends frequently make fun of me and call me a "pack-rat" for keeping all these things but it is just too much fun when looking back! I got so tickled reading the part in the second entry about "how rude of me! I forgot to introduce myself!" haha. funny how my little mind worked.

...and yes, I may have been a little dorky in my journal entries back in the day but it brought so many smiles and laughs while re-reading :)

hope y'all enjoyed my little flashback!



have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment