Thursday, June 27, 2013

renewal

its weekends like this past weekend that truly renew the soul. my family is very blessed to have a mountain house up near Jefferson and Boone, NC right off the Blue Ridge Parkway. we don't get up there nearly as often as we would like but when we do...it is simply refreshing. the actual house is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, which is the real beauty of it.  my sweet grandfather originally built the house as a gift to all of his children and grandchildren. I think his intention for the house has been greatly exceeded. all of its visitors not only enjoy their time there but also return relaxed and renewed. the nature and breathtaking mountains surrounding the house serve as a reminder of the importance to slow down, unplug, and be quiet. being the wise, wise man my grandfather was, I think he knew we would need a place to get away from it all.

hoping each of you also have a "renewal spot" in which you are able to escape from our crazy world, and take a deep breath. a place in which "quiet time" is actually quiet time, a place where the pace is a little slower...and a place where you are constantly reminded of God's creation and beauty. here are some pics from our weekend...











'Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.' Psalm 51:10



have a happy week, friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment