Tuesday, October 8, 2013

pumpkin goodness

I know everyone is on pumpkin overload right now. I get it. as much as I love pumpkin goodies myself, I agree sometimes its a little much.

but, hang with me for a second. I couldn't let Fall pass me by and not have made pumpkin muffins/bread. so I put a little twist on the normal pumpkin muffins.

I found a super duper easy recipe online that I changed up a little. the recipe uses all natural ingredients. very refreshing. most of the pumpkin muffin recipes I have used in the past call for the yellow cake mix (nothing wrong with that), but I just wanted to try something a little different.

what you need:

3 cups of all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

3 cups granulated sugar ( I actually used half granulated sugar and 1/2 brown sugar )

1 can (15 oz) of 100% pure pumpkin

4 large eggs

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup water (I fresh squeezed orange juice instead here but used same amount, 1/2 cup)

the prep:

go ahead and preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease muffin cups (I like to be old-fashioned and use butter like my mom always does :) ) plus, I think it adds to the flavor.

combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. then combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and OJ in another large bowl. stir/beat until blended. I then slowly added flour mixture gradually (because I mixed by hand) to the pumpkin mix. stir until the two separate bowls of ingredients are fully blended. then place mixture into muffin cups. (about 3/4 full)

bake in oven for 25-30 min. or until fork comes out clean when placed in center of muffin.

I even had enough extra batter to make a loaf of pumpkin bread! you could also do mini muffins/jumbo muffins/bread pan, etc. whatever you wish. the batter is just "lick the spoon" delicious. :)

I really think the natural ingredients (including the freshly squeezed OJ) made such a difference in taste. this batch was head and shoulders better than last years.











enjoy, friends!



xoxo, Landrum


No comments:

Post a Comment