Monday, January 6, 2014

happy everything!

Happy Thanksgiving! Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year, everyone!!
(phew...glad I got them all in)

clearly, keeping up with the blog during the holidays isn't my strong suit. or a priority for that matter...but I've missed blogging! and you guys! de ja vu to last year about this time.

hope everyone had a marvelous holiday season! I know we did. it was great time spent with family, friends, and traveling.

January is always a bittersweet month for me...so many endings yet so many beginnings.

it is always a little harder to seek out JOY during this particular month...not sure why exactly but I think it is due to the fact that I have so much going through my head. I tend to do a lot of reflecting, and therefore regretting. and taking down Christmas-y things...(this part I'm a little dramatic about). and the bleak, bleak weather isn't a big help either, come to think of it. I could never live in Alaska.

this year is different, however. I feel joyful, renewed, and hopeful of what the year will bring. It is a choice, you know. God has asked us to 'Be joyful always; pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances' (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)...and that is exactly what I will aim to do. so I am choosing joy, even in the month of January.


cheers to a peaceful, joyful year my friends!


"let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts" Colossians 3:15


xoxo, Landrum



No comments:

Post a Comment