Monday, February 18, 2013

cold, cold, go away

Pinned Image

I don't know about you, but the hubs and I have been fighting the awful cold for the past week or so. The first cold or sickness of the season for both of us...about a week before that I was just remarking about how amazing it was that neither of us had gotten sick yet...especially with everything going around. and then...what do you know? BAM.

I was watching the Today Show the other day and it was talking about which cold remedies really worked and which were myths. pretty interesting.

vitamins/herbs such as echinacea and Vit. C aren't as helpful as we all thought. according to the doctor on the Today Show the studies proved no actual decrease in the length or symptoms of the cold when taking these supplements before, during, or after. kinda disappointing considering I have been cramming as much of these into my system as I could get at the first signs of a cold for quite a while now.

they did highly recommend the netty pot (which I have found to be particularly helpful). my dad has been using these for years and loves them :)

honey was also found to be actually helpful for sore throats and colds.

and the one most of us love to believe...and don't worry...the chicken noodle soup remedy for a cold was actually proven decrease lengths of the common cold. The soup ingredients help decrease inflammation in the nasal/sinus cavities while also providing delicious warm comfort :)

just wanted to share the knowledge!

so kick those colds, folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment