Friday, February 22, 2013

no more excuses

Pinned Image

the other AM I was watching the TODAY show (again) and it featured the woman from Smitten Kitchen...someone who has become quite famous from her food blog and most recently her cookbook!

she was interviewed and then they took a tour of her kitchen at home...all 42 sq. feet of it...where she does ALL of her fabulous cooking! and may I say, I was shocked. the kitchen was tee-TINY! I was blown away at her ability to create these incredibly fancy meals of all kinds in such a limited space! needless to say, she is amazing and such an inspiration to me. (especially in my current situation)

mostly because I tend to use my personal tee-TINY kitchen as an excuse to
why I am unable to cook a gourmet meal or cook at all some days. It made me feel very silly and worst of all...ungrateful for my own little kitchen.

it made me realize that your space, situation and resources are definitely only what you make of them!

so please do yourself a favor and check out this amazing woman/blog!
you are in for a treat (literally!)...:)

http://smittenkitchen.com/

so, enough excuses about I can and can't do in my own bitty kitchen. this is just the beginning! and although I know I will never rise to the greatness of the Smitten Kitchen...I can at least cook a decent meal for my hubby and I :)

happy cooking, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment