Monday, February 11, 2013

snail mail

Pinned Image

most of you know by now how old fashioned I am...almost to a fault.
Pinned Image

but there is just simply nothing better to me than getting a handwritten note or card in the good old fashioned mail. I just get so excited.  ...I practically run to the mailbox each day....(.and imagine my delight when a whole package arrives!!)  and although email is great, I would almost always rather send or recieve a handwritten note than have a number in my inbox. I suppose it is my small way of boycotting the email form of technology.

another something I just can't get used to are the "nooks" or "kindles"..whatever they're called. I simply cannot bring myself to give up a actual book and the satisfaction of turning the pages and seeing my progress through the book. and not to mention the hours spent browsing through all kinds of bookstores (yes...I am that girl that still has the dream of opening a precious bookstore much like "the shop around the corner" from You Got Mail...but am too afraid to leave my stable RN job for a dream that more than likely would be crushed by a "big, bad" bookstore. )

the "electronic books" would also ruin my favorite moment when I go to re-read a certain favorite book and some of the pages are water-stained/warped, or I find sand nuzzled between the pages from the past summer at the beach. :)... and trust me, I have had plenty of people try and convince me otherwise..."just try a kindle...you will LOVE it."....I think part of me is scared that I will love it, get hooked, and never pick up a book again. so I remain stubborn. and I stick with my good 'ole books and good 'ole pen and paper.

hope I have some fellow snail mail/book lovers out there :)

until next time,
L


No comments:

Post a Comment