Monday, November 5, 2012

what the world needs now

What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.

Lord, we don't need another mountain,
There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb
There are oceans and rivers enough to cross,
Enough to last till the end of time.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No, not just for some but for everyone.

"what the world needs now" by Jackie DeShannon

such a beautiful song..and it is a particularly fond memory for me. in my middle school days, I often participated in musicals, plays, and all things "drama".  for many of these musicals we had to "audition" for certain roles. I choose "what the world needs now" to audition with. I had a tape that I practiced with and sang it over, and over, and over in my room at home (I am sure my parents were ready to pull their hair out, but they never let on:) ) ... I, however, never got sick of it. and it still remains one of my favorites. 

now-a-day's when I hear the song, I actually think about the lyrics and how true they are. I find that the world today is so busy, people are just trying to get from point A to B (including myself a lot of times) ...they are focused on themselves and what they want, need, to get things done.... if we all just took a minute or two to acknowledge and even help the people around us, this world would be a kinder, more loving place. 

everyone is suffering in some way...so let's take some time and love on them. enable them, not bring them down. I encourage you TODAY to do this and see how much joy it brings to your life. You, yourself could give someone hope by simply smiling or offering a hand. what a concept. and if that isn't motivation enough, God has commanded us to do this:

 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35


...happy monday!






Scripture of the day:
'The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing.' Proverbs 10:28
  

No comments:

Post a Comment