Friday, November 30, 2012

quieting the soul

hi friends! hope everyone had a wonderful week!

just thought I would share something I have been struggling with recently. at the start of this journey, I shared with y'all my goals for my quiet time in order to grow in my faith. well, lately I have been having quiet time...almost every day, BUT it hasn't been what it should be. It has been hurried and quick. and although I actually read the daily devotional and the scripture that goes along with it, it hasn't always sunk in. (because I don't give it time to) ...and I certainly have not been having that time just being "quiet" and "still" and listening to God. most days after quickly reading the devotional I am immediately distracted by my phone/life, (I would add TV here but we don't have cable, ha), etc.

and so, I have been having these "rushed quiet times" for a couple days until I read one particular devotional entitled: "quieting your soul" by Dr. Charles Stanley. (It is excellent and such a great reminder that God ALWAYS knows. ) He knows exactly what our weaknesses are and what we are struggling with day to day. I always find comfort in scripture and devotionals but this one was especially comforting and convicting for me. God wasn't going to let me go too long with these "half-tail" quiet times...it is just too important.

I am sharing the devotional below: ...please take a few minutes to read it! so good! ...and maybe I'm not the only one struggling with this!

http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional


happy weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment