Friday, January 4, 2013

forward focus


Pinned Image

happy new year!!!

sorry I have been a little slack and haven't posted in a while. it has been a combo of both "blogger's block" and holiday busyness! my husband and I were very blessed to be able to spend some great time with our families over the holidays!

with this new year, I have been doing some reflecting ( I am always a sentimental one)...and I do think SOME reflecting is good and healthy but too much dwelling on the past is not good for us. it leads to feelings of regret, gulit, and would've, should've, could've's...

I was lying in bed trying to sleep/nap before my night shift yesterday and had all kinds of thoughts going through my head. this usually happens when I try to sleep...I lay down to go to sleep and suddenly remember all the things I need to do or should have done, etc. ....yesterday, I was thinking about the past year and what things I should have done differently, how I should have spent more time with certain people, how fast it went by...and on and on. I was getting anxious and almost upset thinking about all the things I regret in the past year/years when I was suddenly comforted by a feeling of peace and hope for the future. after getting up, I sat down to read my daily devotional and have some quiet time and what do you know?...it was about how we should "focus forward" how appropriate! it was accompanied by the verse Philippians 3:13: 'Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.'

I thought this was the perfect time to share this with all of you with the start of this new year!

so leave all the regrets of the past year behind and focus forward my friends and happy weekend!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment