Wednesday, January 9, 2013

hopeFULLY

Pinned Image
my fabulous mother-in-law gave me the devotional book, Jesus Today, by Sarah Young, for Christmas.

It is such a amazing little book, but the main reason I love it so much is because it is all about HOPE.

I don't know about y'all but I tend to use the word "hopefully" alot. I like to think this is because I am always hopeful. but not necessarily. haha.

this is probably a obvious realization to all of you but when I was reading the book I began to look at the word "hopefully" differently. I started to think of it as 2 words: Hope and Fully. The word hope is used so many times throughout the Jesus Today book and the Bible that it makes you wonder. I think God is trying to tell us something...and I think that something is that we should Hope Fully by placing our Hope, FULLY in Him...get it? Hope...fully...:)

 If we do this, we will find peace. peace in knowing He is in complete control and that we have nothing to fret about. SO...be hopeful. BUT be hopeful in the Lord and his blessings and promises. and NOT in earthly things or people. when we HOPE in this way, we will never be disappointed.

and now, an excerpt from Jesus Calling, also by Sarah Young, a gift from my sweet friend Elizabeth....'Hope in Me, and you will be protected from depression and self-pity. HOPE is like a golden cord connecting you to heaven. The more you cling to this cord, the more I bear the weight of your burdens; thus you are lightened. Heaviness is not of My kingdom. Cling to Hope, and My rays of light will reach you through darkness.' ....LOVE that.

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all who Hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24


happy wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment