Monday, January 21, 2013

overcoming

it was a glorious weekend here...lots of sunshine and smiles! but for some reason when monday hits (not necessarily monday, just the first of 3 nights in a row at this hosital) I get an overwhelming feeling of self-pity, and selfishness. and as much as I try not to feel this way, I just can't seem to kick it.

my prayer request for today...pray that I overcome these feelings of dread, self-pity and selfishness. because life is short and we should: 'give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.'  1 Thessalonians 5:18 ....and God certainly did not intend for me to be lying around in my bed fighting sleep and feeling sorry for myself. so thank you for your prayers today, friends...

...and I am praying today for anyone who might feel similar feelings or who might be facing REAL difficulties. Know that I am praying for you today.

some comfort for me today: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33  ....food for thought...If God was able to overcome the world...then certainly I can overcome these negative feelings and rest in his peace. right?

writing this is such a good pep talk for me...I feel better already!

until next time...have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment