Wednesday, October 17, 2012

beauty in small/all things


Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.  ~John Muir

I tend to be a positive person (usually). but sometimes it's easy for life to wear me down once in a while. It happens to all of us, we can be constantly surrounded by negative attitudes and emotions and it can be exhausting to try and remain positive.  life truly is about attitude (I know, I know we have all heard this a million times) but it is so true. 

lately, I have begun working "nights" again in the hospital (being the newbie) ... and from previous experience, I know how "I get". I realize most of it is mental, but it is still hard for me to overcome the negative attitude . I came to the realization that I spend more time and energy complaining about being exhausted, never being able to sleep, being on the opposite schedule as the rest of the world,  the dread of going in, feeling like a recluse, hermit, etc. that I have no energy left for my beautiful life that God has given me. 

I am tired of living life like that so I have now made a pact with myself that I vow to find the beauty in all things...even the small things. no matter the circumstance. 

....and I will share them with all of you along the way.  God provides us with little bits of beauty all the time...we just have to open our eyes to it!  when working one of my first nights in a while, I was caring for a mother with twin 3 day old infants that were admitted. I offered to help feed one of the babies at the 3 am feeding so they could eat at the same time...so I sat in her room for half an hour and talked to her while we fed both of them. she really opened up to me about her difficult delivery and life in general. she was so grateful, and it was such a sweet time and conversation in the middle of the night. I left her room that night with my heart full. :)  ...slowly but surely I am opening my eyes to little things that have been there all along. I am just now choosing to embrace them!

I am sharing some little/small/simple beautiful things below...enjoy! 





aww!


simple.




picnic on the beach with pretty china



the sweetest thing.

LOVE. even my wedding dress:)






baby owl-too cute. 

gardenia's-my favorite. 


dancing in the rain!


truck-full of fresh flowers!



snow-covered cottage




Optimism is an expectation of the future, but hope is a way of experiencing the present. Optimism argues with the predictions of cynicism and bitterness, and is often proved wrong. Hope rejects cynicism and bitterness as unhelpful, and is perennially proved right.  - Doug Muder

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.   -Rachel Carson



have a wonderful wednesday!


Scripture of the day:
The Lord answered, "If you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'May you be uprooted and thrown into the sea,' and it would obey you! Luke 17:6


2 comments:

  1. those babies cuddeling are so presh, and pockets in dresses may be one of my favorite simple pleasures. Definitely seals the deal if I'm debating on buying a dress or not. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks, I know!! hope you had a great day too!:)

    ReplyDelete