Monday, October 22, 2012

what kind of wife would I be...if...?


what kind of wife would I be if... (fill in the blank as you wish.) not cook dinner for my husband every night?, if I didn't iron his shirts? or pants? or support him in every way I can?

WELL, what about....what kind of wife would I be if....I didn't pray for my husband?? not praying for our husbands on a regular basis is a big disservice to them AND to God. now, I am most definitely "preaching to the choir" on this one. do not think I do this nearly as often as I should... but, I find when I do...it is beneficial for both myself AND my hubby. It brings us closer to each other AND to God at the same time!

now, I can hardly talk about my husband and how amazing he is for too long without getting emotional...I know for most of you that know me, that comes as no surprise.  I tend to be a TAD emotional. BUT when it comes to my husband I think I have every right to be. He is a true Man of God, and I consider him to be one of the biggest blessing of my life. I think most of you married women would agree (with your own husbands, of course)... so why not pray for them???

The Power of a Praying Wife, and the Power of a Praying husband, the books given to my husband and me during our engagement time, are incredible. I usually find myself trying to pray every single prayer in the book almost every day for my hubby. they are just SO good!

and when you love someone so much, naturally, your mind and actions become preoccupied with that person. but SOMETIMES I go too far and I find myself putting him before Him (God). and then I refer back to this lovely diagram/picture (which also just happens to be pink :) ....


whenever I hear this, I think back to the scripture that was read during our wedding ceremony:

'Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. 
For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. 
Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? 
And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.'  
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 

there is something very settling knowing that God is along for the ride in your marriage (as well as in your life) IF you allow Him to be. So pray for your husband, pray together as a couple. It is powerful and you will feel more "united as one" with your husband than ever before. For this is what God intended marriage to be like!!

DO try this at home and share how it goes! :)


happy monday!


Scripture of the day:
'He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.'   Deuteronomy 10:21


No comments:

Post a Comment