Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shocking, I know!

Hello all,

Some of you may be wondering why in the world I have decided to start a BLOG. thinking, does she really think her life is interesting enough for a blog?? absolutely not.  This is simply my way of "talking out loud", if you will...sharing my thoughts, dreams, struggles, joys, etc. An "online journal." This will be a healthy challenge for me but I am excited to see where it takes me!!
  
The title of my blog is what I consider to sum up my life thus far. (not necessarily in order of priority ;)

EAT-well that explains itself. I have always loved eating (alot) and in this particular section of my blog i will share recipes I have tried out (successfully, that is) and enjoyed. I would also love for you all to contribute by adding your own favorites :)

PRAY- My faith is something I strive to make my number 1 priority every day. It takes continuous focus and discipline on my part but I hope that I am able to grow in my faith through this blog.  
A wise Sunday school teacher once said :"The more you mature in your faith, the more you realize how much longer/farther you have to go." So true. I believe that quiet time with the Lord is the only way to really grow and mature in your faith. Just being in the word. I would love to have a whole HOUR in the morning or sometime during the day that I just sit.. quiet, prayerful, listening. Somehow, now I am only able to find 30 min MAX in my busy schedule (not really that busy) to give the Lord. well, I am making it a personal goal to slowly increase that quiet time. My soul and heart long for it.

HOPE- what a word. packed with meaning and emotions, so much so that I can hardly gather my thoughts on it. What comes to your mind when you hear it?? my personal definition: what keeps us going in this world. I am keeping this blurb short and sweet for the purpose that I HOPE to elaborate on it as the blog progresses.

why didn't i use the word LOVE instead you say?? well, I had to change it up a little bit from the movie/book. and don't get me wrong i have PLENTY of LOVE in my life...but I thought the word HOPE is and always has been such a powerful word... and I am HOPING that it might spark lots of good conversations and thoughts throughout this blog, therefore serving as it's theme. :)

Let's get going!! I'm excited!
  
P.S. I will probably never reach the daily blogger status...I will actually be good to reach once a week! but i will do my best.

until next time....

much love to all of you.
landrum

3 comments:

  1. yay! Landrum I love following all of our friends through their blog. I will add you to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lacey!!! it is certainly a work in progress! miss you!

      Delete
  2. Woo woo!! Love a good blog!! I will definitely be following!! :)

    ReplyDelete